Monday, February 9, 2009

Updates, Full Moon & New Peeps

Let's do this in chronological order instead of the most exciting news.

Went to lock up the chickens last night and found a gorgeous full moon. This shot is from the chicken coop (see roof of coop on left).
The Sizzle Sisters, looking very, well, sizzly. Still debating on whether I'm going to keep them or sell them. One has a poofier butt, the other a poofier head, lol. Very sweet though. They were following me around tonight because they were scared of the dark.
And Helmet, looking at the camera and saying: "Momma, I know you got some food in there."


The coop. We put a load of dirt in it last night, to help cover up the mesh bottom more. I made the greenish door cover for the chicken house door. It was just one long vertical opening and rain easily got in and with how cold it's been, I was trying to keep the warmth in. It's a vinyl covering that is tacked on with flat tacks, so I can remove it in the summer when I need some air flowing in there.
And the newest addition, isn't she gorgeous! Our first little Cochin. Another Cochin egg is pipping and I see a beak sticking out, just waiting for more eggs to hatch.
She's not too interested in the food. I put my hand in and she ran for that. She just wants to be held and kept warm. She's in my jacket sleeping right now.

2 comments:

HorseFeathers said...

Aw, cute! I love the chick pics.
Oh, BTW, it's HorseFeathers from BYC if you haven't already figured that out. Love your pics!

JEZZIKAzart Photos & Design said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! yay!