Saturday, February 21, 2009

Teeny Weenie

I'm exhausted. Been a long day. I hosted a chicken swap meet today with a bunch of people from BackYardChickens.com I'll make a post about that later, until then, here's pics of our new babies.

Out of our 3 hatches, only one survived. One of the Cochin babies was smaller than the rest and cried alot and died at a couple of days old. The one white Silkie chick was dead one morning, so we have one full size Cochin with momma Oprah.

Occasionally, I'll walk into my bathroom and find this:
She seems to like to ride on Oprah's back, lol. Silly chicken.

Today we got two little white Silkie chicks. Hubby, of course heard me carrying the babies and assumed the position to love on them. (We sold Red and the Sizzle Sisters after much debate. Well at least me debating it in my head!)
On a slightly crazy note, we got Button Quail eggs today at the swap. Never had them before. Takes 16 days to hatch. Look how TINY!
Did I say tiny, I meant tiny!

Soooo, if anyone wants Button Quail, I MIGHT have some in about 2 weeks, lol. Not going to count my chickens before they hatch. Learned my lesson the hard way.

1 comment:

JEZZIKAzart Photos & Design said...

awww! too cute! i cant wait to see the quails! :) Awe Red and this sizzles are gone :( I like red! but i understand. :)