Monday, January 12, 2009

Nugget's First Egg

Nugget laid her first egg on Wed or Thursday of last week.

She laid it UNDER the chicken house. She also won't go into the house on her own. I think she doesn't like the ramp. With her big ole poofy head she can't see that great and I think the ramp freaks her out. I don't want to crawl under the chicken house to collect her eggs though. I'm trying to teach her to go up the ramp. Down doesn't seem to be a problem.

This morning she was under the house making herself a little nest to lay her 3rd egg. I crawled under got her and helped her up the ramp. She seemed happy being in the chicken house but couldn't find herself a great place to lay. She wants the small nest, but Oprah is in there trying to hatch nothing. And Nugget doesn't want to be in the box with Oprah. The big chickens don't mind though.

I was a little weirded out about eating her first egg, so we boiled it and gave it back to the chickens as a treat. They friggin love boiled eggs. Scrambled eggs, not so much!

1 comment:

JEZZIKAzart Photos & Design said...

your chickens are carnivores LOL too funny!